Opt-in to learn more on “Protect Your Identity” with my Monthly Newsletter
- Why does it still take six months for a company to spot a hack? nbcnews.to/2uZLd0d via @nbcnews 2 weeks ago
- #runrichrun #stjudes Support kids 5 months ago
- Identity fraud hits a record 15 million Americans in 2016 nbcnews.to/2jZfovt via @nbcnews 6 months ago
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently. ~ Warren Buffett 2 years ago
- Are Enhancing Magnetic Strip Cards more secure? lnkd.in/bqxepu7 3 years ago
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Do you review bank, credit card and brokerage account statements within a few days of arriving to reconcile the balance and to check for unusual transactions?
Time is of the essence when you discover someone is fraudulently accessing your accounts, since your liability ends the moment you report unauthorized transactions. As talked about here on April 27th, your liability for debit / ATM cards is higher than … Continue reading
Do you check your credit report from each of the four credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, Trans Union & Innovis) annually to look for errors and evidence of identity theft?
The FTC says: ” Your credit report has information that affects whether you can get a loan and how much you will have to pay to borrow money. You want a copy of your credit report to: • make sure … Continue reading