Opt-in to learn more on “Protect Your Identity” with my Monthly Newsletter
- Kroll Advisory Solutions Named 2013 “Best Corporate Investigations” in National Law Journal Reader’s Choice Rankings ow.ly/m7Hb1 7 hours ago
- Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired Mortimer Caplan #quote 10 hours ago
- The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne #quote ow.ly/lEkyd 1 day ago
- It's not what you achieve, it's what you overcome. That's what defines your career. Carlton Fisk #quote 2 days ago
- Ponemon Institute: 28% of Victims of Medical Identity Theft receive misdiagnosis or suffer mistreated illness. #IdentityTheft 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Do you review bank, credit card and brokerage account statements within a few days of arriving to reconcile the balance and to check for unusual transactions?
Time is of the essence when you discover someone is fraudulently accessing your accounts, since your liability ends the moment you report unauthorized transactions. As talked about here on April 27th, your liability for debit / ATM cards is higher than … Continue reading
Do you check your credit report from each of the four credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, Trans Union & Innovis) annually to look for errors and evidence of identity theft?
The FTC says: ” Your credit report has information that affects whether you can get a loan and how much you will have to pay to borrow money. You want a copy of your credit report to: • make sure … Continue reading